Monday, January 9, 2012

Amanda and Ryan Queen

This is the speech I wrote as Amanda's Maid of Honor in her wedding to my cousin Ryan this summer. I've been meaning to post it for a while and I'm finally getting around to it as the date of the birth of their first child, a baby boy, is quickly approaching. I'm so excited for our family to be growing! Here's to them and the wonderful future that awaits them :)

...

In this family, if there's one title I hold dear to my heart it is the title of being 'the only girl'. I've grown up being protected, loved, and cherished by my four wonderful cousins, with Ryan holding a special place in my heart.

I have always had a special closeness and friendship with Ryan, so as we grew up I took a special interest in his 'romantic' choices. I can honestly say it is my pleasure and honor to welcome Amanda into our family.

I met Amanda when I was 16 and through all the trials and tribulations of being a teenager, Amanda always came back to Ryan's mind and when describing what his 'perfect girl' would be, it was clear Amanda was his perfect match.

Over the years I have had many conversations with Amanda and have learned that she is and will continue to grow into being an incredible woman, and an incredible match for Ryan.

One your wedding day I am proud to stand by your side as not only your Maid of Honor, but as your newly acquired sister, whether you like it or not. I look forward to having you in my life, and also as an important part of this family. I truly believe you bring the best out in Ryan and make him want to be a better man, and that is the essence of true love.

I wish you both many years of happiness and all the joy this world has to offer. If there were any two people that deserve these blessings, it would be the two of you.


Welcome to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment