Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Groceries


today (12/4/11) i'm thankful for: groceries. there is nothing quite like the emotional roller coaster that is grocery shopping...there's the worrying about how much money i'm hopefully going to make on sundays for groceries, which can be stressful seeing as i HATE working sundays and it's written ALL over my face, which can then reflect upon my tips. then there's the going home to change my clothes part, which i must do because i hate walking around in public in my OG garb, but i hate to do because once i'm home i hate to leave again, especially after i've been on my feet for 5 hours. then there's the part where i NEVER bring my debit card into the store, therefore limiting my desire to go crazy and buy everything, but when i'm checking out i'm always afraid i won't have enough cash on me and i hate being the douche that holds everyone else up in line while i make a mad dash to my car to get my card. then i have to load then consequently unload my car and walk all my groceries up to my 3rd floor apartment (i hate this part so much i attempt to strap all the bags onto one arm and do it all in one trip, which can be quite humorous for my neighbors i'm sure. it's especially funny when i get to the second flight of stairs and for some reason the first step is just about an inch higher than all the other steps and i trip on it 97% of the time). then after i put all the groceries away, i have to go back down to my car and park it in the parking lot in order to abide by bangor's winter parking laws).*

all of this, from leaving my apartment to parking my car, takes about an two hours.

but...there is NOTHING like sitting on the couch, with a full fridge, and the next two days off. for as much stress as sundays can, and often are, for me, i love this feeling of being able to provide for myself and two cats more than just about anything. sundays stress me the fuck out, but they also reassure i'm doing okay :) although i do have plans for the next couple days, i could potentially get stuck/choose to stay in my apartment for the next 48 consecutive hours my family wouldn't go hungry...and that is a feeling to be thankful for.

*a second trip may or may not be necessary on any given week if the girls are in need of either food or litter...both of these items require a solo trip down and up my stairs due to their odd packaging or weight (i lugged a 38 lb box of litter up here about a couple weeks ago and that i know would have been hilarious to watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment